5 Offbeat Honeymoon Destinations In India That Are Simply Stunning
Looking for some Pristine Spots for Honeymoon, these are lesser commercialised
Tucked away from the busy crowded places are these hidden gems, seamless for a romantic getaway! Planning your honeymoon can be pretty exciting but if you want to evade the crowd, yet go to some place that is romantic, it can surely be tricky. Most tourist places in India are crowded unless you go there during off-season. So if you are looking for an offbeat destination during the summer to spend some blissful time with your better half, we have selected five such places just for you.
1. Kinnaur: Green valleys, majestic mountains, meandering rivers, vineyards and orchards define the valley of Kinnaur in Himachal Pradesh. Since it shares its border with Tibet, the influence of Tibetan culture is strongly felt here. Enjoy the blissful moments of your honeymoon by visiting Kinnaur, the land of fairy tales. Kinnaur is a beautiful city situated in the mountains and below the blessings of Lord Shiva. This is one of the most beautiful hill stations in Himachal Pradesh due to its surroundings and neighboring places such as Kalpa, Sangla, Reckong Peo, Raksham, Pooh, Bhava and Chhitkul.
2. Spiti: When you are looking for honeymoon destinations that are away from the hustle bustle of metropolitan cities, Spiti valley is surely a fine choice. Popularly known as Little Tibet, Spiti is situated in the Himalayan mountain range of Himachal Pradesh. Reachable only during summers, Spiti is as isolated as it gets. Surrounded by villages perched on mountain crests, mountains and glaciers, crystal clear rivers, quaint old monasteries and prayer flags fluttering in the wind, Spiti will surely leave any tourist spell bound. Its not just natural beauty or culture Spiti has to offer but activities such as jeep safari and trekking can also be done here.
3. Lahaul: Although Lahaul is third on the list, it remains to be the favorite hot spot from a honeymoon point of view. Situated on the Indo-Tibetan border of Himachal Pradesh, Lahaul is as remote as it can get. Here time seems to come to a standstill. Overlapping the Leh-Manali bus route, Lahaul boasts of pristine mountain rivers, scenic mountain villages and medieval monasteries. Spiti and Lahaul jointly form the district of Himachal Pradesh with Keylong being the administrative center.
4. Lansdowne: What could be a better place to celebrate the love and union of two people than by visiting Lansdowne? It is one of the best places to visit for people living in close proximity to Delhi, NCR. The drive to Lansdowne will surely be the best drive of your life. The route goes through the thickly forested countryside roads and small hamlets. The first view of Lansdowne is surely breathtaking. Lansdowne is set admits tall oaks, lovely surroundings and blue pines that spires off the mountainside. The forests are dark, lovely and deep, just perfect for those long walks and a rejuvenating experience.
5. Ranikhet: If you are a newly married couple looking for a mesmerizing honeymoon in the hills, Ranikhet is surely the best option. The charming hill station of Ranikhet is located on the Almora district of Uttarakhand at a height of 1829 mts above sea level. Ranikhet has everything to appease the nerves of an avid city dweller. The hill station is known as the Queens land and is an all season tourist spot for the lovers of natural beauty. It reflects the best of the great Himalayas. The lush green forests, attractive and magnificent views of the pine trees, the scented mountain breeze, the singing of the birds, the panoramic view of the Himalayas sight and the fresh and pure wind add to the heavenly beauty of Ranikhet.
Photo Credit : Pradippal, Shiraz Ritwik, Amol Sood, Priyambada Nath, Nikhil.Hirurkar, Lihi Koren
More on Honeymoon
Find Trip estimate including Stay, Travel and Food
Long Weekend? find all the nearby destinations few hours away !Find Nearby
Find your next Trip Cost including Flight, StayCalculate
Travel Money required for your upcoming Trip
Find how much you are going to spend daily on your Trip. This excludes the Flight and Stay cost which is considered booked in advance.
Thus calculate Travel Money required for your overseas Trip in just few seconds
Share your Trip Experience
Suggestions in mind? We would love to hear them!